Tuesday, July 04, 2006

July 4th Means Clarinet Time For Me

I look forward to the Fourth of July holiday each year, not because of the fireworks, but because I get a chance to play my clarinet. Other than occasional dixieland and Octoberfest gigs, my jobs are primarily playing sax. The Lexington German Band and Lexington Concert Band gigs each 7/4 give me the opportunity of getting in some work on the clarinet. The polka music is always fun and a challenge for clarinet players. Today's gigs were very enjoyable due to the many fine musicians that played. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to perform with Dave Henderson, Dave Webster, Dwana Eberlein, Dad, The McGrannahans, Joel Lovan, Robert Griffin, Wayne Collier, Connie Rhodes, Kevin Dennison, David Hummel, and many more.


Between gigs I hung out with Uncle Sam

1 Comments:

At July 04, 2006 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHEW!!! Check the shirt. Was Uncle Sam OK with that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home