Monday, August 20, 2007

Melody Hall Goes To College


Melody Fit Everything In The Jeep

Sharon and I helped Melody move to her new home Friday. She now lives at UK. If we are lucky, we may see her at Thanksgiving or Christmas...we'll just have to wait and see. She is very excited about the UK experience.


Making Sure She Didn't Forget Anything

It is certainly important for a parent to provide their kid the essentials for dorm life. We made sure that Melody brought a microwave oven, small refrigerator, alarm clock, computer, and so forth. We were sincerely hoping that we didn't forget something that she would really need.


Another Student's Essentials

When I saw the Easy-Bake Oven that another student brought, I immediately worried, "Did I fail Melody by getting her a microwave instead of an Easy-Bake Oven?" Will it be possible for Melody to enjoy Easy-Bake cakes even though she won't have the Easy-Bake Oven to cook them? I know the cakes are supposed to be properly cooked by the light bulb in the Easy-Bake Oven, not a microwave. All the planning that I had done to make sure that we didn't overlook any essentials...did I blow it by not getting Melody an Easy-Bake Oven? Am I a failure as a father?

As I left the UK campus, Melody hugged me and let me know that I was still a good father even though I had not provided her an Easy-Bake Oven for her college experience. She said that she would be sure to make friends with the girl that brought the oven...that way she could borrow the oven in the event that she absolutely just had to have one of those cakes.

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2007 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a book called "How to Boil Water"(bargain from a garage sale)that I have saved for Melody's far-in-the-future wedding shower. Should I send it to her now that she is on her own?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home