Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Not Much Of A Game, But We Still Had Fun



Melody, Matthew & Me Ready To Go

Melody, her friend Drew, Matthew, and I went to Papa John's Stadium and watched the whipping of our beloved Kentucky Wildcats by the Louisville Cardinals. Other than the game itself, we enjoyed everything about our trip.

We stopped in Shelbyville to visit my sister Joanna, her husband Ed, and kids Elizabeth, Rachel, and Nathan. Matthew loved playing football with Nathan and some of the neighborhood boys. Melody and I enjoyed the visit as well.


Melody and Matthew Outside Papa John's Stadium

We stopped at a barbeque joint and scored some ribs and pulled pork for our game tailgating. While tailgating, I was the quarterback and Matthew the wideout. I couldn't help but notice that my tight spirals and pinpoint accuracy of my throws were clearly the best of all the parking lot quarterbacks. Melody was supposed to be the cheerleader, but I didn't hear any cheering from her. She was on her cell phone the whole time working out where we were to meet Drew. Imagine that...she was more concerned about meeting Drew than she was in watching her brother and father display their fabulous athletic talent.


Drew, Melody, and Matthew

We met Drew and found our seats. I was glad that we were seated in the middle of a UK fan section. She stadium was nice, though pretty small. The atmosphere was electric and the weather perfect for a game. Then came the game. Kentucky fell behind 31-0 before I even opened my pack of sunflower seeds. I don't know if Louisville is that great or if we are just that bad. The folks behind me were complaining that UK's coaching staff is pitiful. The fans in front of my yelled that the Athletic Director needs to be fired. The fans beside me complained about UK's lack of talent and how we need a quarterback that can throw the ball with accuracy and a tight spiral. I couldn't help but think of my perfect throws to Matt. I might check with the UK Athletic Department this week to see if I have any college athletic eligibility left. They could probably use Matt too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home