Sunday, August 06, 2006

Vocalist Lynn Roberts


I met the great vocalist Lynn Roberts at Caproni's last night. After her dinner, she joined me on the bandstand and sang "Over The Rainbow" and "They Can't Take That Away From Me". She is a tremendous talent!

Lynn has performed worldwide with great artists such as Jimmy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey, Harry James, Doc Severinsen, Bucky Pizzarelli, Charlie Spivak, The Pied Pipers, and others. She has also worked on Broadway in the show "Ballroom". Her distinctive voice has been featured in many jingles from Chiquita Banana to Campbell's Soup. In addition to her great musical talent, Lynn is very beautiful and has a warm personality. She sure made my night when she complimented me on my sax playing.


She treated me to a copy of her wonderful "The Men In My Life" cd. If you enjoy great jazz vocalists who swing and can smoke a ballad too, I can recommend this set. Listening to her music made me wish that my drive home took longer so I could hear more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home