Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Great Trip To Las Vegas


Sharon and I had a ball on our Vegas vacation. Our Richmond friends Bob and Rachel did too. Visiting the Grand Canyon, Red Rock Canyon, Hoover Dam, and the Las Vegas strip were all fun, but the highlight of the trip for me was attending Tower of Power concerts on three consecutive nights. They were incredible.

I was fortunate to be able to talk with many of the band members including Steve "Funky Doctor" Kupka (bari sax), Emilio Castillo (tenor sax),Francis Rocco Prestia (bass), Roger Smith (keys), Iron Mike Bogart (trumpet), Tom Politzer (tenor sax), Mark Harper (guitar), David Garibaldi (drums) and Larry Braggs (vocals). I also met former Supreme Mary Wilson at one of the concerts. Later, Sharon and I ran into Coach Pat Riley at the airport. He was "smooth with a capital s".

Sharon and I agree that this trip ranks up there as one of our all time favorites. I'm keeping a close eye on Tower of Power's schedule, as we may just have to do something like this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home