Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Looking Forward To BJ Thomas/Billy Joe Royal Gig

I'm not going to be able to make it to Caproni's this Saturday night, as I am booked to perform at the BJ Thomas and Billy Joe Royal Show in Lexington. Before the show I'll have the opportunity to meet and have dinner backstage with them.

I think opportunities like this are one of my favorite perks of being a professional musician. One of my favorite memories of this type is recalling spending time with Bob Hope. I was playing in his orchestra for a show years ago at Tom Gentry's horse farm. During the time period between the rehearsal and the show Mr. Hope chatted with me one on one for about twenty minutes as we watched the beautiful thoroughbred horses across Mr. Gentry's farm. He was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home