Monday, August 18, 2008

Sizing Up Obama & McCain From Their Music Picks

I've always felt that I more fully know and understand someone when I know his or her musical tastes. Based on the piece from NPR's "All Things Considered" that found Blender magazine listing the top 10 songs from presidential candidates McCain and Obama, I tend to wish we had other presidential candidates from which to choose.

John McCain's Top Ten:

1. Dancing Queen - ABBA
2. Blue Bayou - Roy Orbison
3. Take a Chance On Me - ABBA
4. If We Make It Through December - Merle Haggard
5. As Time Goes By - Dooley Wilson
6. Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
7. What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
8. I've Got You Under My Skin - Frank Sinatra
9. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
10. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - The Platters

Barack Obama's Top Ten:

1. Ready or Not - Fugees
2. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
3. I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
4. Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones
5. Sinnerman - Nina Simone
6. Touch the Sky - Kanye West
7. You'd Be So Easy to Love - Frank Sinatra
8. Think - Aretha Franklin
9. City of Blinding Lights - U2
10. Yes We Can - Will.i.am

I would prefer a jazz lover running for office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home