Monday, November 03, 2008

2008 STARS Concert Featured Don McLean


The 2008 STARS event was held at Lexington Downtown Hotel & Conference Center. I had a good time playing and meeting the legendary singer/songwriter Don McLean. He performed his signature songs "American Pie" and "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)" as well as many others, both old and new. A Tops In Lex photographer covered the event and posted a slideshow photos on their website.


With Don McLean After The Rehearsal & Soundcheck

I very much enjoyed talking with Don. I remember buying the "American Pie" lp album years ago when it was first released and listening to that song hundreds of times. I found him to be a nice and interesting fellow and fine musician. After rehearsal he was gracious to sign a copy of my "American Pie" album cover before sitting down to enjoy the pre-concert meal for the band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home