Friday, October 27, 2006

Big Fishin'

My son Matt and I love to fish. Perhaps the best fisherman I know is my friend Fred Stevens. He lives on Lake Cumberland and fishes it nearly every day. Each year in November I take Matt, his cousin Nathan, and my cousin Jeff to visit Fred for a day of striper fishing on Cumberland.


This was a successful day

The trip is always one of the most fun days of the year for us. We leave my house around 4:00 in the morning. As my passengers sleep I listen to Sonny Rollins cds while driving. I don't know what it is, but every time I listen to Sonny Rollins on my way to a lake I end up having a successful day of fishing.

Fish be warned! We are coming for you next month! And be advised...Alfie's Theme, 'Round Midnight, and St. Thomas will be cranking on my van stereo on our way down.


This might happen if I forget my Sonny Rollins cds

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home