Sunday, February 18, 2007

Snowy Weekend Gig At Maysville's Caproni's


As the snow and temperature fell during the drive to my music gig at Caproni's this past Saturday night, I wondered if the weather would keep customers away. As it turned out, we had a big crowd. They enjoyed the great food and picturesque view of the snow, the river, and the train as it rolled down the tracks next to the restaurant as I played.

Tubby's Kentucky Wildcats had just lost another basketball game. Maysville's Chris Lofton, a fabulous player for the Tennessee Volunteers, had also lost the game he played earlier in the day. Many of the customers had watched those disappointing games on their home televisions and were anxious to get out, regardless of the weather.

Due to the slick roads, it took me a little longer than usual to arrive home. I didn't mind the extra time. It allowed me the opportunity to enjoy John Coltrane's "A Love Supreme", Richie Cole's "Alto Madness", and most of Fourplay's "Elixer" on my cd player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home