Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gig Break Time

One of the cool things about playing music gigs is the treat of checking out things at the breaks. When I play at Giuseppe's I can sample the wonderful food at the break. When I play at the Lexington Legends games I can check out a baseball game at the break. When I play with the Andy Williams, The Temptations, The Four Tops, or other famous acts, I can hang out with the musicians at the break. When I play Caproni's I can meet celebrities such as George Clooney or Miss America at the break. When I play at big political functions I can meet presidents, governors, senators, and other leaders at the break. Yes, break time at our gigs can be fun.



Earlier this week Dad and I played for the Kentucky Funeral Directors Association. Each year we play at their Louisville convention. At break we have the opportunity of checking out the newest cremation machines, embalming fluids, funeral cars, and caskets. Yes, break time can be a learning experience and allows one to gain information on just about anything!


The N-20 Cremation Retort Is A Hot Item


The Newest Mortician Fluids


This Baby Rides Just Like A Cadillac!


Choices, Choices, Choices

Once again, Dad and I had a blast on another gig experience. We look forward to the next one and the interesting things we will encounter on our breaks.

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2007 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys have all the fun. I'm a professional guitarist and have never worked a gig where I could shop for caskets during my break. Our quartet will continue to polish up our show in hopes of landing a gig such as the one you wrote about. Keep up the good work. We love reading your blogspot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home